Old March 1st 09, 10:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.Bee

Default urgent!

It is a mystery to me how a lunatic rant reduces the party faithful to
mud slinging. Why can't you just accept that our method of leadership
has consistently failed the majority? You don't need to look to
fantasy figures, aliens or those cowering in caves to realise that the
system is badly broken. When thousands of our own countrymen are so
alienated by society that they sign up to fight "on the other side"
then something is very wrong with the combined human psyche. When they
volunteer to be suicide bombers and mass murderers then lunacy is
truly abroad.

Religion is a quack remedy to treat the unhappy, those suffering from
injustice and the confused. Spare me the alien scapegoats and prophets
when we ourselves are entirely at fault for the world's ills. We
cannot sustain our present capitalist nosedive into the trough while
leaving the vast majority in abject poverty. Not to mention their
suffering from curable disease and hunger. Why should we tolerate
dictatorship of any kind? Or the obscene inequality within almost all
nations? The blatant unfairness isn't good for our consciences and
erodes our daily need for cooperation for survival and avoidance of
tribal warfare. So we shut out minds to the horrors we inflict on
others by default and play with our toys. Or turn to fantasy and
religion like crude aspirins to cure the world's endless headaches.

The human race seems to be increasingly turning to fantasy in a
desperate attempt to escape from awful reality. Many of us never do
anything ourselves but now live a completely virtual life of
voyeurism. Constantly being entertained by a tiny minority of dying
celebrities, drug crazed sportsmen, You-Tube happy slappers, teenage
sluts and drunken musicians. Or diving headlong into fantasy computer
games or Hollywood's latest formula productions. Endlessly stamped out
like biscuits for our mindless consumption. The western world is
falling blindly into the WallE/Axiom syndrome without even putting up
a fight! It is always somebody else's fault if we are not continuously
amused and sated.

Our jobs are increasingly devoid of reality as we rattle away at our
keyboards day and night. It is no wonder those charged with managing
the vast funds which lubricate our mad consumer world have completely
lost the plot. They have never handled real money in their entire
lives. Their jobs are nothing more than fantasy computer games. They
drive in expensive mobile wombs to their air conditioned offices to
play with virtual monopoly money and then drive home again to an
automatically opening garage without ever feeling the wind on their
faces. They say sensory deprivation is used to torture enemy
combatants on Cuba. Who is our real enemy when the bankers have all
but destroyed our way of life using fantasy investments you couldn't
sell to your own, doting, senile, old granny? Are the bankers being
offered extended free accommodation at the exclusive Cuban surfing
resort? Where they can spend their their obscene bonuses on worthy
local causes and designer dresses for the annual round of charity
bølløcks? It seems they are to be disappointed since they do not
fulfill the rigorous skin colour requirements to get past security.

Even the armed forces are now playing their fantasy War games using
flying robots for the actual fighting. Or dropping smart bombs on
targets seen through a camera looking down from a satellite. How much
of an escape from reality is that? More people die on the roads every
year than in a thousand terrorist's wet dreams. Yet nobody declares
global war on the car manufacturer. Or even demands any change to the
road system. We just give the pampered driver even more toys to play
with at the wheel. When they should concentrating on the road ahead!
Second Life offers perfect love and sexual satisfaction for all? Say
no more! I'm off for a nude cycle ride in the snow and mud. Anything
for a bit of reality. :-)