Old September 9th 05, 02:53 PM
Nog

"LawsonE" wrote in message
news:ydQSe.2298$sx2.1438@fed1read02...

"Barbara Schwarz" wrote in message
oups.com...
A hurrican can be broken up with a strong laser from a weather
satellite via a remote control from somebody on earth. Nobody has to be
in harms way.

That laser either circles the hurrican and keeps it in place till it
loses strenght in the ocean or it cuts through it and breaks it up in
less powerful storms. It is also possible to push a hurrican away from
land with such a laser.

Those NASA and Homeland Security "scientists" and officials take home a
huge salary but they don't come up with that solution? What is the
matter with them? Am I the only one thinking or what?

That's been the subject of science fiction for many decades. The problem,
of
course, is that in order to test the theory, you need a super-strong laser
mounted on a satellite. Either we don't have lasers that strong mounted on
satellites, or their existence is classified. Either way, they're not
likely
to be involved in any public testing of anti-hurricaine procedures.

A satellite is kind of far away to shoot at a hurricane. Why not mount it
on a ship?