Old February 3rd 19, 09:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Mercury transitions

An ex-astronaut was on tv today telling the audience how he had views denied Earthbound observers as the station went through a 90 minute orbit of the Earth. I certainly feel astronomy as an immersive experience from the point of view it feels we are on 'spacecraft' Earth and can see how the planets move relative to us and to the central Sun.

There was once a lot of distractions to prevent contributors of this newsgroup biting each other but lately with the influx of science fantasy brigade, apart from a few people, people choose to make themselves small before creation and the great instruments that expand our point of view.

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data...current_c3.gif

The emergence of the stars to the right of the Sun is so remarkable in context of timekeeping and proof of the Earth's orbital motion yet people do not pick up on the nuances that should define a new and more productive approach.

Weeks, months and years of blankness do not diminish what is there for people to enjoy, not those who live off discord but those who have a feel for the motions involved in those images.