Old October 30th 03, 05:38 PM
sdastroguy

Default Marine Battery? Jump-Start Battery? Power Inverter?

Get a marine battery. A jump start batter will not take the constant
power drain and recharging. The power inverter will allow you to run
the VCR, etc on 110v off the marine battery. Get a good size battery
that is gel filled. It should withstand 300-500 charge/discharge
cycles. I use one rated 585 CCA and for what you want to run, you will
want one this size. Everything should be rated for 12 volts. As for
the amperage, it will be important for the inverter. Add up the amps
requried for all the equipment you want to run at the same time and
then add 20% or so to that total to get the size of the inverter you
need.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:14:58 GMT, (Russ)
wrote:

I'm looking for a portable power source for my LX90 and imaging equip.
I am not an electronics buff, and I am confused by all the different
posts that I have seen regarding this. In addition to the scope, I
want to power a video camera, monitor, & VCR. What kind of portable
power supply do I need? Do I need to be concerned with amps, volts,
watts, wobbelators, kenuten valves? AND, where does a power inverter
fit in to all this? Do I need one of those too?

Thank you in advance.

** If you want to send me e-mail, remove the NOSPAM from my address **