Old January 19th 18, 10:28 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Gary Harnagel

Default Trouble For Dark Energy Hypothesis?

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:57:35 AM UTC-7, Tom Roberts wrote:

On 1/15/18 1/15/18 3:30 PM, Gary Harnagel wrote:

BTW there should also be a cosmic neutrino background, which decoupled
much earlier than photons. It would be very interesting if this
could be detected.

Tom Roberts

The neutrino flux would be red-shifted by z ~ 1100 also, but today's neutrino
detectors aren't sensitive to energies below a few 100 KeV, yes? That means
primordial neutrinos would have to have had energies above 100 MeV.

BTW, did you get the email I sent you last November about my equipment?

Gary

[[Mod. note --
1. I am not an expert on this, but I think you're right: if you want
any direction-of-travel angular resolution (necessary to distinguish
other sources from the Sun's neutrino flux), today's neutrino
detectors have essentially no sensitivity to neutrinos with energies
below a few MeV.
2. Whoever the last line is directed to, replies should be private
(e.g., email); the newsgroup is for *public* conversations.
-- jt]]