Old April 19th 15, 10:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 12:05:39 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 3:33:07 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA 71 almost LA. Not going to see that Mal-practice lawyer for a month in hopes I get better.Staying close to hospital just in case. Been on the web a lot as you can see. TreBert

Hang in there, Bert. My health has improved, since I stopped doing all the things they told me to do at the clinic.

Another nice spring day here in Gresham. Sunny and 60F as of 11:30 AM. On the way to high seventies later.

Yesterday I explored the old cemetery down by Stark St. that remember seeing as a boy from the car as we drove by. The same old gravel road still goes in, abutted by a fence separating it from the newly developed paved streets and houses, and apartments. A sign says "Mt. View Stark, Oregon Historic Cemetery, Est. 1886." I did however find one gravestone marked 1880. There is one older house right next to the cemetery, but I don't think it was there when I was a boy, because I remember the view as unobstructed. Found many burials from the late 18 hundreds and early 19 hundreds. It is a small cemetery. But what I was surprised to see was that there have also been recent burials, quite a few since 2000. A young Russian man was buried as recently as 2013.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/mt-vi...XxFCAT8yHHkBYQ

I didn't see anybody I had known. There was one very fresh grave not yet marked with a permanent stone. It was probably this girl:

http://www.mtscottfuneralhome.com/me...er_id=1525440#

One woman's marker said, "It was a hell of a ride, now I wait for you."

Not sure why people still want to be buried in such an obscure pioneer cemetery.

In evidence with this state's now fanatical obsession to prohibit smoking, a sign at the cemetery read, "This is a no smoking zone." As if anyone in that cemetery would really mind!

Double-A

AA Feeling a little better. I was doing good. Drove 3200 miles. Made people laugh. Got M&M going. I have to do so much and just hope the opperation works. Windy,sunny about 82 Have not seen a cloud in over a week. Parking at hospital,and its working out well.Lots of hot water,pretty nurses.It has a lousy cafeteria .Been doing some cooking with mirrors. Its fun,and I'm trying to do it handerly. TreBert