Old June 22nd 17, 02:27 AM posted to sci.astro.research
jacobnavia

Default A new impossible galaxy

Massive dead disk galaxy challenges theories of galaxy evolution

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0621145150.htm

This galaxy (3 times the mass of the milky way) is a compact object
spinning very fast, only 3Gy after the "bang".

Composed of old, yellow stars.

Sure, but excuse me, a star like the sun, yellow, main sequence star, is
5 Gy or more old. All stars in that galaxy (z=2.1) can't be older than
2Gy. To keep things in order, galaxy formation is questioned, but not
the big bang theory.

As these discoveries accumulate, observations start contrdicting theory
in a flagrant way.

Can such an object be build in so little time?

Three times our galaxy mass in a smaller radius, spinning very fast.

[[Mod. note -- The sun is about 4.6 Gy old. See, e.g.
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/FAQ/Qage.html
-- jt]]