Old March 14th 18, 05:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Default Andromeda is going to collide with us. Save the Milky Way!

Mark Earnest wrote on 13/03/18 20:50:
On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 2:11:13 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 13/03/18 05:14:
On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 3:39:27 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 11/03/18 20:29:
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 3:11:03 AM UTC-5, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 10/03/18 22:46:
On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 2:46:45 AM UTC-6, Daniel60 wrote:

Snip

Didn't I just suggest Centripetal/Centrifugal Force would do
that??

If not, that is what I was trying to do!

Centrifugal force is what spreads the galaxy apart--it is not what
holds it to its center.

... and *what does Centripetal Force do* , Mark??

Centrifugal force pushes rotated objects out--does not hold them in.

... and *your* answer to *the question I actually asked of you* (the
question I've highlighted above) is ...??

I just told you what it does. It pushes an object rotating around some center
outward.

No, you didn't, you told me what *Centrifugal force* does. I asked you
what *Centripetal Force* does. Can you see how one word is spelt
different to the other??

I don't care how it's spelled. People still don't know what they are talking about.

For you edification ....

Centrifugal force .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force

and

Centripetal force .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centripetal_force

So, if you even bother to read those link, you might realise they are
different forces acting upon an object!!

--
Daniel