Old October 26th 17, 10:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Ozone layer recovery could be delayed by 30 years

RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 00:24:41 UTC-4, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
RichA wrote in
:

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 3:08:48 PM UTC-4, Gutless
Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
RichA wrote in
:

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 21:10:24 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41585552

I thought, this problem is solved?

It's over the Antarctic, so who cares? Deranged greenies
going to fret over penguins getting skin cancer?

At the height of the scare, the absolute *worst* case
prediction of the destruction of the ozone laywer was an
increase in UV radiation that was the equivalent of moving from
Norway to the Mediterranean coast.

--

The same chicken-little kooks who wrote that have a ZERO
prediction accuracy rate over the last 50 years. Like oil

They've done very well at the only prediction that really matters:

"If I scare people with this fake prediction, I'll sell a lot of
copies of my book. And since nothing bad will happen, next year, I
can write another book and do it all again."

The bookshelves are weighted-down with quackery and ideas aimed at
mediocre minds and worse, horribly gullible people.

Your anti science ignorance is startling.
The ozone hole in the Antarctic has had measurable effects on health
including cancer.
If you lived in Australia, New Zealand. Chile or Argentina you might think
differently. Of course by its nature UV increases effect white people more
than any others so perhaps you favour this form of genocide.

Bookshelves are rarely weighted down with science books which don’t sell
well or make much profit. Scientists are not saints but don’t crave riches
but rather the respect of their peers. In this they are like the military-
at least in Western countries who put inordinate value on non monetary
rewards like medals.
Just a few penguins?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12535025/

Shows the doubling of skin cancer rates as the Antarctic ozone hole grew.