Old October 2nd 13, 05:41 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Default Happy Birthday, NASA!

On 10/2/2013 6:54 AM, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
55 Years and counting!

http://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2013/09/29

I noticed that the NASA web is "offline". Not a birthday we would wish
for. What other effect does the budget freeze have on NASA?

Regards,

Jens

http://www.nasa.gov/

In 2013 yields a real treat on its birthday + 1.

http://www.ntrs.nasa.gov/

Yields:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

You may wish to resume space exploration at a later time.
Perhaps with an organization with a non-dysfunctional sponsor.

Dave