Old November 6th 03, 04:10 PM
Jim Kingdon

Default Another book question

One of the books which keeps being mentioned intermittently is the
voluminous /International Reference Guide to Space Launch Systems/;
currently in its third (1999) edition.

Sometimes known as the Isakowitz, after the editor of the first
edition.

Here's a summary of the differences from the 2nd to the 3rd edition,
from page IX of the 3rd edition:

* Added Brazilian VLS, Russian Shtil, Strela, and Angara, and US K1,
BA-2, and Minotaur [Kingdon: VLS and Shtil have flown; I believe the
other 5 have not and in some cases clearly will not]

* Added Atlas V, Delta II and IV, Soyuz ST, and Sea Launch Zenit 3SL
(and perhaps other variants of existing families).

* Removed Energia, Conestoga, and the Historical Launch Systems
section (according to the book, this material is on the AIAA web
site, although I haven't looked for it).