Old October 31st 17, 08:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default Time and timekeeping

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 12:02:46 AM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

RA/Dec is an extension of the 24 hour system...

This just wrong in many ways, the RA/DEC system that we use is based on an extension of the Earth's axis of rotation, hence the name equatorial coordinate system. If we extend the Earth's axis outward into space, its intersection with the celestial sphere defines the north and south celestial poles; equidistant between them, and lying directly over the Earth's equator, is the celestial equator... I invite you to read this...

http://sbo.colorado.edu/SBO_OLD_SITE...ordinates.html

.... although I already know that you are incapable of actually learning something and will only respond with some rude statement that makes no sense....

It is impossible to justify RA/Dec in dynamical terms because it loses cause and effect between the weekday and rotation...

Well, of course it does, since its purpose has nothing to do with the solar day, but rather with the sidereal day, 2 very different things...