Old February 26th 09, 01:28 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Possible identity theft

Down to 24 hours, Ian.

Fred J. McCall wrote:

eirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
::
::Happy, now?
::
:
:Are you ready for him to accuse you of hacking the real Deirdre
:Sholto-Douglas' email? You can't get a loony like 'Ian Parker' to
:retract based on reality. There's only one way to teach him that he
:can't go around publicly accusing reputable professionals of criminal
:acts.
:
:He's got 48 hours to issue a public retraction of his false accusation
:that I have committed the criminal act of identity theft. It is 6:00
:AM on Wednesday, 25 February, 2009. He has until Friday morning...
:
::
::By the way, how you can look at that website and come up
::with "extracting" uranium is beyond me. The point of the
::exercise is to microbially reduce and immobilise soluble U(VI)
::to insoluble U(IV). Bioremediation of radionuclides, Ian...not
::mining.
::
:
:It's not beyond me. It's the sort of loonytoon 'technology' that 'Ian
:Parker' is enamoured of. Sentient and self-replicating AI machines,
:sentient and self aware nanobots, using bacteria to 'build' things,
:mine things, etc.
:
::
::---------------------------------
::
::
::
::Ian,*
::
::I thank you for your concern wrt to identity theft...I assure
::you my identity has not been stolen. *To that*end, I will be*
::happy to repost this email..both your original missive and*
::my reply...on the thread*in question from*my personal email*
::account in order to allay your concerns.
::
::While I appreciate your interest in me, I would like to*state*
::that I draw a line between my*USENET postings*and my*
:rofessional life...I would be grateful if, in future,*you make*
::an effort not to cross it again. *
::
::Thank you.
::
:eirdre Sholto-Douglas
::Molecular Environmental Science Group
::Biosciences Division
::Argonne National Laboratory
::
::
::
::On Feb 24, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Ian Parker wrote:
::I am writing to you about a possible case of identity theft.
::
::http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci...536dc510ffc4c0
::
::I would first of all like to ask you whether you are the Deirdre
::Sholto Douglas who is posing in this thread. I do not believe for
:ne moment that you are. I think you ought to know though that
::your name is being used in this way. What action you take is,
:f course, up to you. I think though your good name should be
::important to you.
::
::I feel too I should tell you where I am coming from. I am a retired
::mathematician with a strong interest in Artificial Intelligence. I
::have always felt that the future of the space program lies in
::unmanned exploration and in improving the quality of AI. This
::was howled down by various people in sci.space.policy. As well
::as attacking my theories they made a lot of personal remarks
::about me.
::
::Recently NASA has in fact endorsed this position. NASA (along
::with Google) has teamed up with Kurtzwel in the shape of the
::"Singularity University". This in fact offers a whole range of
::technologies, focussed on AI, but also including such things as
::nanotech.
::
::I have looked at your website. One thing hit me in the eye. Uranium
::and its biological extraction. I would like to ask you another question
::-
::"What about Platinum?" Would it be possible, in your view, to extract
::Platinum biologically? This is one of the things which I think the new
::NASA brass are after. When the dinosaurs became extinct a layer
:f Iridium was deposited and asteroids are rich (in comparison with
::the Earth's crust) in platinoids.
::
::This by the way is one of the reasons why it can't be you. You I am
::sure would have mentioned the work on Uranium.
::*
::* - Ian Parker