Old May 5th 21, 09:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel65

Default Why No Transmissions From Space ?

R Kym Horsell wrote on 4/5/21 8:26 pm:
Daniel65 wrote:
wrote on 3/05/2021 7:53 am:
Universe is obviusly infinite, so even if a very low probability,
there is likely an infinite number of planets with intelligent
species, who should have radio transmissions, YET we apparently
never receive anything. WHY ? !

Because the "infinite number of planets with intelligent species" are so
bloody far away!!

If there are no other intelligent species in the observable universe
it only ups the probability we are living in a simulation.
Years back the odds of being in a simulation were put around 1 in 3
because it would be just so damn useful to someone to study a toy
universe.

Recnetly I see the odds have been upped by some cosmologists to
99 in 100 because it's argued creating 1000s of simulated universes
would just be so damn interesting for humans in millions of years so
they could study their origins.

Leaving out extraneous things like contact with ET's in the 21st century
would obviously be a big saving in simulation code.
If the programmers needed to check how 21st century humanity would
react from alient contact they could just hack something in --
make ET's mysteriously appear from time to time in random places
in random configurations with no obvious rhyme or reason.

Gee Whiz!! I thought random peoples had randomly been reporting contact
with random ET's through the years in random places!! l-P
--
Daniel