Old July 17th 03, 02:48 PM
Kevin Smith

Default What can be expected with solar filters?

If you are interested with what you can do with a little bit of focal
length, and a lot of DayStar Filter have a look at a small bit of my web
site. WIth a 5" ERF, and a 0.7 ATM from Daystar a huge amount of detail can
be collected.

The link is

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ke...res%20Images.h
tml

I also have some images with a 0.5 ATM at

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ke...5%20burst.html

and

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ke...h%20June%20200
3.html

Get back to me off group if I can be of any further help.

Kevin
www.kevsmith.com
www.siriusobservatoriesuk.com
DayStar Filters UK

So, before you part with the bucks to buy one of this filters, keep the
above in mind. Keep in mind also that I am no authority on H-alpha

filters.
What I say here are only my early feelings. It's quite possible that with
more experience I may change my mind completely. Finally, in spite of

what
I said above, the H-alpha, while not perfect in my mind, is still quite
fantastic!

Al