Old July 20th 08, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default NGC 5005 colour

I thought I had no colour frames for NGC 5005, but recently found some that
I took about a month later than the luminance.
Colour was 6x5 minutes each with 2xbinning.
5 minutes are probably a bit too long with 2xbinning at f/5.7, the green
channel had a background count of over 32000.
I also took some Halpha frames but didn't include them in the final version
as there were no HII regions visible even with Halpha.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/5005colourgut.jpg

Stefan

"Stefan Lilge" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:...
I acquired the data for NGC 5005 in Canes Venatici two month ago, planning
to add colour later as this galaxy is moderately bright. As it looks like
won't get any colour this year I'll post the b/w version now.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" Meade ARC at f/5.7 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, 39x5 minutes.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/5005-39x5gut.jpg

Stefan