Old March 3rd 19, 05:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Canada Joins Lunar Gateway

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 8:45:34 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

(1) We will NEVER have full employment because there are those satisfied
with what they can get without working.

Well, I define "full employment" as what we had back in the years from 1948 to
1967. A boy getting out of high school would normally be able to start a
lifelong career, and start a family, within a few years.

(2) "Reasonable income" is highly subjective.

Of course this is true. But we can, none the less, pick an obvious standard that
distinguishes those whose income is genuinely adequate from those who are not so
fortunate.

Most men want to get married and have kids. Some men don't do this because their
income is too low.

That is a simple standard threshold that is based on permanent human
characteristics, not the shifting characteristics of hi-tech toys.

The education systems has aided and abetted this stupidity. In the
US the best way for most people to get ahead is to have their own
business, but how to do this and how to be financially prudent
isn't taught in the public school systems.

There's something I can agree with.

John Savard