Old March 3rd 19, 03:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Canada Joins Lunar Gateway

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 11:55:14 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 6:05:26 AM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:

Full employment is not a good metric for a healthy economy. And our
economy right now is not robust at all, unless you're in the upper
income and wealth brackets.

In order for the economy _to_ be robust for those in the lower income and wealth
brackets, wouldn't full employment be what you need? So I'm afraid I'm not quite following you here.

Full (or near full) employment is necessary for the sort of economic
system we have. But full employment does not mean a healthy economy.
Slave states have full employment. And indeed, what we have borders on
that, with a large sector of our economy not being paid a wage
commensurate with their input to the economic system or a wage high
enough to live on properly.

What is required is full employment with a reasonable income. We lack
that.