Old March 26th 06, 09:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Cold Cold Cold at Mt. Wilson Observatory

While not as cold as up there, away down here in Rosamond, it's not so much
the cold temp itself as it is the wind chil factor as it's been blowing all
day long and is still blowing. Got a nice clear sky overhead, but the wind
makes it so that I have stayed inside almost all day long. I just hope it
stops blowing for sunday night.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

"Matthew Ota" wrote in message
oups.com...
39 degrees. Misty rain. Snow on the ground.
The worst conditions I have ever experienced here.
Keeping warm in the Galley.

Did some configuring on my settings on the observatory computer, and
obviously did not open the dome. Delivered new operator stool to the 16
inch. Sits lower to the floor, has rolling castors and is adjustable in
height with a pneumatic piston.

Heated up some chili rice in the galley. Food always tastes better up
here at 5,000 feet.
Opened up a bottle of sparkly water that I bought in La Canada, and it
blew up in my face.
Forgot about the altitude effects going from sea level to 5,000 plus
feet. Also forgot how cold it can get up here. At home ealier today it
felt like 80 degrees.

But it is nice to be back here after a three month absence.

Matthew Ota