Old July 23rd 11, 09:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
chazwin

Default Once and for all...are humans or robots better for Mars?

On Jun 19, 6:42*am, Alan Erskine wrote:
There's no such thing as a "once and for all" for this subject. *It'be
covered for the 12 years I've been coming here and still hasn't been
resolved.

Personally, I think a combination of humans and robots would be best -
with the robots remote controlled from the Martian surface by the humans.

Anyone with a modicum of sense will figure out that humans and robots
are better for the earth.
It will never make economic sense to colonise Mars, and even a visit
is prohibitively expensive and fruitless.