Old November 4th 19, 07:58 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Eric Flesch

Default Is the Universe Younger than We Thought?

On 02 Nov 2019, (Steve Willner) wrote:
3. while there have been several suggestion for new physics to fix
the problem, none of them so far seems to work without disagreeing
with other data. ... What fun!

How about a migrating space-time curvature? Can that connect the two
places? It would have the effect of making distant places dimmer.
Try it in a static universe also, its effects simulate FRW.

[[Mod. note -- I think this is on the edge of our newsgroup ban on
"excessively speculative" submissions, but clearly *something* odd
is going on.

I wonder if it could be "just" non-uniformity in the Hubble flow
in the region of the "local" measurements?
-- jt]]