Old June 12th 04, 08:31 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-11, Pat Flannery wrote:

Raiders that season.) Is my D&D game a military operation since one of my
players is in the Marine Corps Active Reserve?

I know the Pentagon is big on innovative warfighting techniques, but
this is ridiculous...

I metnioned this to a friend, incidentally. An edited version of the
ensuing conversation:

"Saddam saves vs Wands?"
"[pause] I'm trying to think of a way to make a Portable Hole joke now."
"Aha! So that's where he hid his Weapons of Mass Destruction!"
"I like. A game predicated on the GM bluffing at length to the brave
adventurers about the mysterious treasure of "theatre IRBM +4" hidden
deep in the desert sands..."

OF COURSE YOU WOULD, MAGGOT! These guys are putting their lives on the
line every day for your liberal civilian candyass!

I'm not sure if it's a good sign or not that I have never met anyone who
could say "liberal civilian candyass" without giggling, and that
includes Marines...

--
-Andrew Gray