Old January 26th 07, 05:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starboard

Default Looking into the past with a telescope

Would you like to be the first to answer this question correctly.

You know that our solar system is moving with the rest of the local
stars around the Milky Way axis.

If you look at an external galaxy,say the Whirlpool galaxy,what would
you expect to happen after 1 million years ?.Remember the foreground
stars of the Milky Way are orbiting the galactic axis therefore we are
moving like a system on a giant carousel.

That seems true for indicating the direction to intergalaxy objects
with respect to intragalaxy objects, but is that true for indicating
direction of intergalaxy objects with respect to other intergalaxy
objects?

Don't listen to me, I'm tired as old hell from staying up late putting
together the NEW XT-12 Intelliscope.... Yeee doggie!

Errol
pasnola

Errol
pasnola