Old August 21st 05, 01:21 AM
Christopher P. Winter

On 2005-08-17, Christopher P Winter wrote:

I'll bet this was one fun clean-up job.

Indeed. But it's puzzling -- I've been researching nuclear accidents for
a couple of months now, and I've seen no mention of contamination from the
NERVA program.

Perhaps it was tested in an already-contaminated location?

Indeed the grounds of INEL were contaminated by the blowup of SL-1, and
perhaps by other events. But that wouldn't have stopped certain sources from
commenting on something like the KIWI test. Maybe they just figured it was
"small change" as contamination incidents go.