Old April 13th 13, 07:17 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default BINGO THE EINSTEINIANO TEACHES DOPPLER EFFECT

Antirelativist: As the observer starts moving towards the source of the light waves with speed v, the speed of the waves relative to him shifts from c to c'=c+v.

Bingo the Einsteiniano: No! The speed of the light waves relative to the observer remains unchanged, Divine Einstein, yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Click on the "Observer Approaches" button in the video below. What do you see? As the observer starts moving towards the source of the light waves with speed v, the wavelength shrinks - it shifts from L to L'=cL/(c+v). This is exactly the shrinkage needed for the speed of light to remain constant, Divine Einstein, yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. The frequency increases, the wavelength decreases, and so their product, the speed of light, remains constant, Divine Einstein, yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity.

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/olcw...oppler_Nav.swf
"EXERCISES: 2. Now click on the "Observer Approaches" button. The ship will start flying towards the source. What is the wavelength of the waves now, as the ship approaches the source? Does the frequency increase or decrease? SOLUTIONS: 2. The wavelength shrinks so that about three waves now fit within the graph. (...) The frequency increases."

Antirelativist: But this is absurd! The motion of the observer cannot change the wavelength!

Bingo the Einsteiniano: In Divine Albert's world the motion of the observer CAN change the wavelength:

http://lewebpedagogique.com/physique...8doppler_p.gif

Pentcho Valev