Old December 12th 04, 04:03 AM

I use X-News, too, for downloading from astro binaries
group. (And some other binaries *ahem* occasionally),
because it has yenc decoding built in, OE does not.
(Or didn't last I heard, and MS was saying they weren't
going to put it in).

However, there is an add-on that decodes yenc through
OE. But I like the X-News GUI better, but I don't find
it particularily useful for regular text newsgroups. But I
guess it's better than OE, and definitely better than the
new Google beta.

Ya know, this is the first real misstep I can remember
Google making. They've been flawless up to now...
"Richard Frodage" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:22:51 -0500, TedKord wrote:

to read this group, just so I can have a killfile to eliminate
that crossposting moron Min. The lousy new google beta
pushed me over the edge.

OE blows chunks, use xnews.