Old June 2nd 04, 09:34 PM
Chris Jones

(Derek Lyons) writes:

OM om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org
wrote:
...Because it *was* acetone and ****. Some Zima marketing goon
apparently found a couple of barrels of it in a warehouse, and decided
that if he diluted it, he could market it.

My sister tells an interesting tale of Zima;

In a weak moment, she bought a bottle to give it a try. Finding it
wanting, she decided that since it was (supposedly) a malt beverage,
she'd put it in saucers in her garden as she did with beer to attract
slugs.

She discovered Budweiser does attract slugs, but that Zima did not.

The conclusion is left as an exercise for the student.

Reminds me of an article on banana slugs in, of all places, the Wall
Street Journal. They described a test someone had done with various
beers thusly (from memory, so it's probably not an exact quote): "The
result, which Anheuser-Busch could use in a marketing campaign but
probably won't, Budweiser was prefered by banana slugs to all other
beers."