Old March 2nd 04, 04:04 PM
José Manuel Taverner Torres

Default Quality Mounts

First of all, sorry about my english. I'm Spanish and I don't know very much
english.

I have a Celestron C-8 in a EQ5 equivalent mount by Celestron, the CG5. I am
searching a quality mount for my telescope, but here, in Sapin, they are
very expensive.

An example is the Losmandy G-11. Here is arround 3000$ (without computer,
only mount + field tripod). Another example is the Meade LXD-650. Here is
arround 4500? (US$ 5500 or 6000) (with the computer, same as LX200
computer).

A friend of mine sells this mount (Meade's one) at 2600? (arround US$ 3000
or 3500).

Do you think this mount is really good and quality? Thanks for all