Old December 18th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Open Univeristy Astronomy Courses

In message ,
Interstellar OverDrive writes

I was thinking of doing Astronomy, not physics, at the OU. Are you
saying there is a large amount of physics involved ? My point was that
as I have an A level in physics already, I may not need to start from
scratch as far as courses on it go.

Once you get on to 3rd level astronomy courses (s381 The energetic
universe & s357 Space time & cosmology) you really need to have done at
least s207. If you are not looking for a degree you may get away without
doing other courses.

Why not go to your nearest O.U. Regional centre to look at the course
material for all astronomy courses and see if you are happy doing the
maths involved.

My advice is, if you want to get the most from the courses, do the
ground work first.
--
John Bristow