Old February 18th 04, 02:52 PM
Henry Spencer

Kevin Willoughby wrote:
I don't know that it is necessary, however. Canada, e.g., seems to do
quite well with paper ballots.

Mind you, a key feature of our hand-counted elections is very simple
ballots. If the US is going to insist on putting a dozen offices and
issues on the same ballot, some form of mechanized counting is pretty much
inevitable. (You can still have paper ballots, mind you, and the option
of doing a hand count for verification, by using something like mark-sense
ballots.)

Kevin Willoughby lid
Imagine that, a FROG ON-OFF switch, hardly the work
for test pilots. -- Mike Collins

Collins would be on stronger ground there if astronauts weren't notorious
for a significant error rate on switch-flipping for experiments... :-)
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |