Old June 2nd 04, 06:47 PM
ndm

Default Essay on Amateur Astronomy

Really a good essay... maybe it would appear in an astronomy
magazine...
But one thing, what about the electronic telescopes? they are
destroying all the passion for search...i think they are worst than
the sky maps or photographs for a child.
Here is my solution to all: getting involved in the teaching of our
hobby to kids. Could be posible, make star parties only for kids or
really first time stargazers.

greetings.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:21:05 -0700, "Brian" wrote:

Hey everyone.

I wrote an essay for my english class here at the University of Washington.
It's about amateur astronomy.

If any of you are exceedingly board and want to read 13 pages, feel free to
follow the link.

http://students.washington.edu/bsteph

Then under "Walker Percy," click "Final." It is a Word document (*.doc).

Feel free to reply to this post about all the things you disagree with
I'm sure there will be plenty.

-Brian