Old September 20th 18, 03:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 06:49:59 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:
On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 7:22:00 AM UTC-6, Paul Schlyter

wrote:

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 06:10:41 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

But again, anyone ignoring evidence is not doing science.

Those who ARE "ignoring science" have credentials that say they

are
scientists.

They may have been at some point, but everyone is fallible. And

when
you ignore evidence, you are not doing science, period.

The problem is that "evidence" doesn't have the same strength to
different scientists. There is a subjective component.

True, but if one scientist fail in his subjective opinion here,
another scientist can later correct that. The arbitrer is the success
or failure in predicting unobserved phenomena, or to improve the
predictions about already known phenomena.

Straw man claim. Maybe you should go back in the thread a bit

and
read/reread what I ACTUALLY wrote rather than just make

disparaging
remarks.

Not worth the trouble, sorry...

Then don't make unsupported assertions.

Yawn...

And what if it is false? Beliefs can be wrong.

As I have discussed previously, the statistics are with me .. to
many 9's.

A statistics of only one single positive case can never be that
reliable, sorry...

You're speaking from ignorance of the argument since you don't want
to start at the beginning of the discussion. I'm willing to re-chew
my cabbage but not in a hostile environment.

So you say? Well, if so, point me to one single planet besides the
Earth known to have intelligent life. I'm waiting...

However, polytheism typically envisions various gods at odds
with one another. Christianity, OTOH, has them in full

agreement,
working in perfect harmony.

Satan is also a part of the Christian pantheon. Is Satan and

God
in perfekt harmoni with one another?

It is important for our development that there be opposition.

Of
course, not everyone will be admitted through the "Pearly

Gates."
This is a basic teaching of Christianity.

So why are you then making false claims?

Which "false claims" would those be? That the "advanced

civilization"
won't have different levels, lower ones not involved directly in
governing? YOU are making false assumptions :-).

Your false claim was that all Christian deities live in harmony,
without making any exceptopn for Satan.

"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and
another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star
in glory.

In case you didn't know, the "glor of the Moon" is really the gliry
of the Sun. The Moon does not shrine with its own light.

And obviously, you live in a medieval worldview, or else you would
never say such things.