Old February 2nd 13, 10:43 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Pulsar that switches between Radio & X-Rays has scientists baffled

On 29/01/2013 2:54 PM, dlzc wrote:
Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:02:25 PM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 29/01/2013 9:54 AM, Luigi Caselli wrote:

Finally we've found intelligent life in our Universe! Please call
SETI to understand what they're saying... :-)

We probably need the aliens to explain this to us.

I guess that the X-rays are particles falling in, and the radio waves
come from the stuff blown outwards (temporarily) by the X-ray
bombardment.

But I think the radio portion lasts longer than the x-ray portion. Plus
why would stuff be falling in regularly around it, unless it's got a
companion feeding it material. There's no mention of a companion.

Yousuf Khan