Old November 22nd 09, 07:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thad Floryan

Default global warming hoax

On 11/21/2009 10:39 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
[...]
On USENET, I'm not seeing any credible arguments against global
warming... and I'm not seeing any credible arguments against the
warming being driven by CO2 liberated from the burning of fossil
fuels and cement production.
[...]

You might want to expand your "view" to include the 1000s of known
active under-sea and under-ice volcanos.

These are being found in the eastern Pacific basic (over 1,600 just
a short bit off the coast of Peru), under the North Pole, under the
South Pole, under Greenland, and many, many other places by ESA's
satellites and many countries' research vessels and submarines. One
correspondent at the ESA wrote he was amazed to see volcanic fires
through miles of clear ice at the South Pole in their sat's imagery.

Think what happens to a pot of ice placed on a kitchen stove after
the stove's burner is turned on -- it melts.

And volcanos emit a LOT of CO2 (among other things).