Old October 7th 03, 07:40 PM
Brian Tung

Default Photoshop and Mac and Windows

Davoud wrote:
As I said, you are not a Mac user. "...also have a Mac," "...I'm
running Panther" and "...had a nice visit with some Apple developers"
still do not a Mac user make. So now, in addition to wondering why you
joined this thread in the first place, I'm wondering why you are still
here!

Criminies. I don't think we should have to start justifying why we post
to threads. Chris posted an opinion coming from someone who is at least
plausibly informed. If that opinion turns out to be unsubstantiated,
then let's just quash the opinion, not the messenger. I don't see how
Chris was trying to start any trouble, just as I don't think that someone
pointing out that Red Hat 10 will not be putting out RH10 is trying to
start any trouble. (Just CMA, if you know what I mean and I think you
do. g)

You left out that Chris is a registered Apple developer. Don't those
count as Mac users? On SAA, we say that if people call themselves
amateur astronomers, that's what they are. This isn't a computer user's
group, and if someone says they're a Mac user for the purposes of
discussion, then I'll give them that.

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt