Old June 28th 07, 10:18 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Chalky

Default Quasar found 13 billion years away

On Jun 28, 8:08 am, Richard Saam wrote:
Chalky wrote:
So, why wouldn't the thermal radiation from this known expanding cloud
of hot transparent gas, after the surface of last scattering, produce,
or, at least, contribute to, the observed CMB spectrum?

If something re-absorbs that thermal radiation, why does it not
simultaneously re-absorb the classically predicted CMBR, which we are
taught was only released at this surface of last scattering?

Possibly because most of the universe mass/energy at
1+z~1000, T~3000
was 'dark matter/energy' at temperature Td
in equilibrium ~T/Td with CMBR at that time
just as it is now ~T/Td at
1+z~1, T~3

Richard

Thermal equilibrium considerations (discussed in part with George
Dishman) would seem to confirm that the microwave intensity detected
now would be the same, either way, but that is not the point at
issue.

As far as I can tell, the intensity of that radiation released at ~
z=1069 has not been predicted to sufficient accuracy for any
confirmatory measurement, in the here and now, to form the basis for
justification of the concordance model. And this was certainly not the
method employed to derive the WMAP compatible concordance model in
practice.

It might be of relevance to establish whether the more subtle effect
hinted at by my current musings, was encompassed within that more
subtle analysis, or not.

Chalky