Old June 16th 08, 06:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
jerry warner[_8_]

Default Exoplanet WASP-3b in Lyra

Sam Wormley wrote:

Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:
Dear group,

One of the latest exoplanet announcements involves WASP-3b in Lyra and
which requires 160 minutes to transit its parent star and at a depth
of 11.4 mmag. Given its proximity to its parent star and relatively
high mass (1.76x that of Jupiter), WASP-3b is one of the largest and
hottest Jupiter-like finds so far.

The ten-day old moon was a problem during the four-hr session last
night and thankfully my Baader Infrared Pass filter did a wonderful
job in helping improve contrast while minimizing the mitigating
effects of the lunar light (pollution).

The results from last night's session are available at
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...3-20080613.htm .

All systems are go for Sunday evening and a visit to another foreign
world but this time in Ursa Major.

Clear skies!

Anthony.

Thank you Anthony ... Brings a smile to me on another night of
severe storms in Iowa.

Iowa crested last night, Cedar is falling. CR is a disaster.
We may escape here. Will know by Wednesday