Old July 18th 06, 11:10 PM posted to sci.space.moderated
Jeff Findley

Default Unintended Hubble Lessons

wrote in message
ps.com...
Is anyone concerned that by refusing to accept an end to Hubble that we
are really teaching mission designers and evaluators to avoid astronaut
serviceable projects in the future? It seems to me that we should
rationally and dispassionately deorbit Hubble, and move on towards
launch of the next optical space telescope; but because of political
and emotional reasons, we'd prefer to spend more money servicing the
old vehicle, instead of spending that money on the next vehicle.

Thoughts?

What Hubble replacement? Why throw away a working Hubble when there is no
direct replacement in hand?

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

..