Old December 19th 06, 08:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Fabio

Default ASTRO: NGC 2244 (Rosette nebula)

Thanks Stefan..

Fabio Acquarone
Website: http://digilander.libero.it/fabioh2o
Email :

"Stefan Lilge" ha scritto nel messaggio
Thanks Fabio.
I have a 1,25 inch filter which threads into a metal ring that can be put
into the M42 adaptor that connects the SXV-H9 with the M42 lens. I don't
remember where I got it from though.

Stefan

"Fabio" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Very amazing picture!!!

You are encouraging me, i want to use a Sigma 150mm f2.8 using the
SXVF-H9C for the Rosette. I think that the FOV should be
a little more than yours having a less dimension of the nebula. But still
interesting.

How have you connected the H alfa filter to the staff ???

Thank you for the post.

Regards

Fabio Acquarone
Website:
http://www.fabioh2o.it
Email :

"Stefan Lilge" ha scritto nel messaggio
I recently used a night with exceptionally good transparency to image the
Rosette nebula. My only previous attempts on this object were done with
my
Canon EOS300D DSLR camera and some closeups with small CCD chips that
only
got a small part of the nebula.
This time I used a 200mm f/3.5 lens and was quite surprised how bright
this
object is when imaged with a "proper" CCD camera as it was tough with
the
DSLR.

I will attach a "normal" version and a link to one where I used "drizzle
processing" in IRIS. The drizzled version shows more detail, but is also
noisier, so I reduced it's size (which was 2x original size) to 75%
which
helped a bit. Unfortunately I lost one hour of data when the nebula was
in
it's best position.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 200mm f/3.5 lens, SXV-H9 camera,
AStronomik 13nm Halpha filter, 30x5 minutes.

The images can also be found at
http://www.slilge.de/temp/2244-30x5gut.jpg
http://www.slilge.de/temp/2244-drizzle30x5gut.jpg

Stefan