Old February 12th 18, 03:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Viewing Sun with Baader Solar film

On Friday, 9 February 2018 16:24:52 UTC+5:30, wrote:
Hi All,

With Baader Solar Film, Will I be able to see Granular view of Sun and Dark Spots?? I have Celestron 127 Power Seeker telescope.

Have any one used baader Solar film with Baader Solar Continuum Filter.. With this combination Will I able to see granule and flare/ Prominence ??

Regards
Ravi Pankaj

Thanks All, For your Advise.
I mounted my own film in a box not much tight.. I saw two sunspots.. In 4 mm I was able to see umbra and Penumbra. not able to see granule and faculae may due to seeing condition;

Yes H-alpha filter is out of my financial reach

Regards
Ravi Pankaj