Old October 28th 14, 08:51 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig---undress to reply

Default Decreasing Errors For Binary Star System Masses

In article , "Robert L.
Oldershaw" writes:

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:15:13 AM UTC-4, Phillip Helbig---undress to reply wrote:

Again, no-one has ever doubted this.

If there is to be a scientific discussion of the issues raised by this
thread, then I think it would be best to dispense with the straw man
arguments and the faulty theories of mind.

You started the straw-man argument by claiming that others here had
claimed that accuracy (for a given magnitude) does not improve with time.

I also said that at some point in the new millennium I noticed a
marked and general improvement in stellar mass estimates.

"I noticed" is not good enough. You have to plot the error bars against
time. Someone else did this and falsified your claim.

The choice of a start date of 2012 can be characterized as arbitrary,
but most scientific tests based on observational data involves a
choice of the data to be used in the test.

Yes, but not an arbitrary choice.