Old August 27th 08, 01:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
rod[_3_]

Default ASTRO: Jupiter 8-26 Europa transit image/animation

Oh my!! that's bad !! ;)

I like how you are able to keep the moon in the image without blowing
out Jupiter. Thats a delicate balance I would think. I can't do that
with the Celestron modified webcam.

- thanks for sharing - Rod
-ps - not only are we dealing with the curvature of the shadows cast on
the planet but we are getting past opposition and those shadows of
Jupiter are also becoming evident, and you show that expertly as well!!.

J. Warren wrote:
I've attached on image along with an animation. I'm not sure if this is
my best result of Jupiter, but I'm really pleased with the sharpness and
the processing in these in regards to the noise, color etc. Notice how
the shadows shape is a bit oblong in the last frame of the animation and
the single image I posted. It is due to the curvature of the planet.