Old December 19th 03, 01:40 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Airplane Scientists

(Derek Lyons) :

"Frank Scrooby" wrote:
Be interesting to make a comparison, time, money, man-hours, X33 to White
Knight/SS1.

Which would be about the ultimate in apples and oranges comparisons.

How many billion later the X33 isn't complete and isn't fit to decorate
anything except and now less than a year since he introduced the plane to
the world Rutan is already putting it through its paces.

Which matters exactly how? SS1 is a high performance airplane, not a
spaceplane.

SS1 is designed to reach space. And the X-33 did not even fly.

NASA needs to hire Rutan just for one afternoon, listen to him, write down
everything he has to say AND THEN DO IT!

And Rutan is knowledgeable in the fields that NASA needs? Cite
please?

Unless I am getting too old I believe he built the cryogenic tanks for the
ROTON and DC-X, in both cases the tanks did not fail after being filled.
Also he has done so much work in diffirent composite structures that he would
be likely to spot the design fault in the hydrogen tank.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to