Old November 17th 17, 07:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Focus on RA/Dec modeling concluded

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 6:30:14 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 11:37:08 PM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

If you have decent intuitive faculties much less a powerful sense of what works and what doesn't, you would be repulsed by that pivoting circle of illumination, a spinning moon, the awful subversion of direct/retrogrades resolutions and many other things.

I fear that your own so-called intuitive facilities have led you far astray, to the point where you cannot understand the beauty of both the solar day and its equation of time

You mean this one as absolute/relative time -

"Absolute time, in astronomy, is distinguished from relative, by the equation of time. For the natural days are truly unequal, though they are commonly considered as equal and used for a measure of time; astronomers correct this inequality for their more accurate deducing of the celestial motions...The necessity of which equation, for determining the times of a phænomenon, is evinced as well from the experiments of the pendulum clock, as by eclipses of the satellites of Jupiter." Principia

What did I tell you about the flaw in Huygen's description of the Equation of Time which is simply a timekeeping facility which anchors each rotation to noon and originally created the average 24 hour day and Lat/Long system in the process.

Glad you think Newton's description of absolute/relative time is still beautiful for you but I 'fear' that will leave you isolated when it comes to relativity which is merely a silly extension of the clockwork solar system. The intuitive faculty informs a person in terms of repulsion or satisfaction in astronomical matters but that is something you do not have and many like you.