Old February 12th 04, 05:08 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Mike Williams wrote:

Wasn't it Greg Crinklaw who wrote:

There currently is more compelling evidence for water on mars than on
Eruopa. It *may* have lots of water. We need to go look, that's for sure.

I think that you're confusing the fact that there may be ice on Mars and
there may be lots of liquid water on Europa. There's certainly lots of
ice on Europa and there's certainly no liquid water at present on Mars.

I can assure you sir, I'm not some confused newbie. You took my comment
out of its context (where it should have been clear that when I said
"water on mars" I meant at some point in history, not today. And "it"
meant Eruopa. The evidence for water ice on Europa is not as compelling
as some might like to state, and there is little more than speculation
that liquid water resides under the surface. On the other hand the
evidence for historical flowing water on mars is ubiquitous, although it
too needs confirmation from the ground.

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer