Old February 28th 17, 04:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default trappist-1

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 6:42:06 AM UTC-8, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:49:28 GMT, (Phil)
wrote:

Does anyone have corodinates for this system please ?

Note its catalog name, 2MASS J23062928-0502285. That provides the
coordinates, RA 23h 6m 29.28s Dec -5° 2' 28.5" (putting it in
Aquarius).

With a visual magnitude near 19, it's an easy imaging target, but not
possible to see visually.

One of the great challenges ahead is identifying which stars exist closer to the galactic center than we do,which exist further out or above and below our solar system. It will not happen as long as RA/Dec is used to explain the Earth's motion via a rotating celestial sphere -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYy0EQBnqHI

http://planetary-science.org/wp-cont.../06/sphere.jpg

My goodness, limiting the stellar Universe to the distance of Polaris bounded as a celestial sphere is rotten and more so in that there are these guys
who are oblivious to the monstrosity they so willingly promote.