Old July 11th 03, 10:36 PM
Howard Lester

Default North American Deserts 101 for the uninitiated

"Howard Lester" wrote

This afternoon in Pittsfield, MA it was 63 degrees and a 61 degree

dewpoint
for a relative humidity of 93%. At noon here in Tucson it was 98 degrees

and
a 58 degree dewpoint, for a relative humidity of 26%.

To follow up, at 2PM in Tucson it is still a dewpoint of 58 degrees, but the
temperature is 103. Relative humidity down to 23%. Wow - the humidity went
down, so it's less sticky. Yeah, right. ;^) The freakin' temperature went
up 5 degrees! That's increased comfort?? It won't get much below 90 tonight,
I'm sure. The telescope and I will be staying in, drinking beer and watching
the Mets lose again.

Howard "fan me, please" Lester