Old January 27th 09, 04:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

Default [OT] Garlic (was George Friedman, The Next 100 Years)

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Jeff Findley wrote:
I agree. Emeril has a recipe for garlic mashed potatoes that's
excellent. It starts with roasting an entire head of garlic in the
oven...

That does sound good... I have to admit I stick garlic in most of the
stuff I cook also.

http://www.emerils.com/recipe/7779/R...ashed-Potatoes

Oops, I remembered wrong, it's THREE heads of garlic:

Ingredients
3 heads garlic, split in 1/2
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
1 stick butter, cubed
1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream
Salt and white pepper

My wife tasted it and said "that's way too much garlic". My oldest
daughter, however, got my side of the family's garlic gene, so she said,
"there can never be too much garlic". :-)

Jeff
--
"Many things that were acceptable in 1958 are no longer acceptable today.
My own standards have changed too." -- Freeman Dyson