Old March 18th 05, 01:44 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:35:59 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Eric Chomko wrote:

I understood Pat's comment perfectly, and it has nothing to do with the
military and as everything to do with how you view yourself.

To clear the air here; the remark was supposed to be a reference to our
new society being along the lines of a fascist dictatorship with lots of
uniforms and parades; as long as we are going to be impoverished and
exploited, we might as well have cool uniforms to wear while we suffer.

Yes, which is why Eric's response was...typical. And hilarious.