Old January 17th 19, 10:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Science Proves Its Critics Wrong

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 11:33:54 AM UTC-5, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
wrote in

If you believe in global warming, then you shouldn't fly to
Iceland. Swim maybe, or sail or row a boat. But not fly there.

In fact, I did fly there. Other than being eight hours in a tin can,
it was a very pleasant flight. And I have doubts that global warming
has much to do with their history of volcanic eruptions, which are
the greatest hazard to air travel (as demonstrated a few years ago).

Volcanoes have nothing to do with this.

The ancestors of current-day Icelanders arrived in longboats powered by wind, currents, and oars. If you were concerned about your contributions to CO2 in the atmosphere, you should have used some similarly green mode of transport.